Incorporated Associations Regulation (NSW)
In July 2016 Not-for-profit Law made a submission on the Regulatory Impact Statement for the proposed Associations Incorporation Regulation 2016 (NSW).
Our submission focuses on key areas of reform in the proposed Regulation and the model constitution including:
- inclusion of provisions allowing for the use of technology in voting, holding meetings and electronic accounts
- inclusion of all four key duties of committee members in the model constitution
- prescribing the term that an association has to keep records
- access to records of an association
- improvements to the accessibility and usability of the model rules through plain language drafting and formatting, and
- harmonising the reporting requirements with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission’s requirements.
You can download Not-for-profit Law's submission to NSW Fair Trading here: