Law and policy reform
Through providing legal services to approximately 400 people experiencing or at risk of homelessness each year, we identify the areas of law and policy that impact harshly or unfairly on our clients.
Based on our direct casework, we have identified two key areas of law and policy that have the greatest impact on our clients and we maintain ongoing campaigns in these areas:
- Preventing homelessness and sustaining tenancies
- Infringements and public space offences
We also continue to comment on other issues that impact on our client group, including:
- human rights and anti-discrimination
- women, family violence and homelessness
- guardianship and administration and income management
The close connection between Homeless Law’s casework and our advocacy means that we are able to present evidence-based arguments for changes that will improve outcomes for our clients and contribute to homelessness prevention.